National Register of Historic Places in Mendocino County
This Greek Revival schoolhouse was designed by J. D. Ball, built in 1891, and originally painted white with green trim.
Until 1941, half a century later, Con Creek School was a traditional, one-room schoolhouse for eight grade levels. In 1941, it became a school for the 7th and 8th grades only, and in 1958, it became a kindergarten. In 1963, the white exterior was repainted red, and the building was rededicated as the Little Red Schoolhouse.
The Little Red Schoolhouse remained a kindergarten until 1979 when it was purchased by the Community Services District and leased to the Anderson Valley Historical Society.
Some Historic Schoolhouses in Northern California