San Francisco Landmarks

San Francisco Landmark #187: Engine Company No. 37 22 December 2011
(Click Photo to Zoom)
San Francisco Landmark #187
Engine Company No. 37
2501 25th Street Between San Bruno and Vermont
Built 1918

Ward & Blohme designed this one-story brick and terra cotta embellished firehouse to serve the mostly Victorian homes of the residential Mission and Bernal Heights Districts. It is one of only two firehouses in the City without fire poles.

The firehouse lost a section from its eastern property line in the early 50's when the James Lick freeway was constructed.

When Engine 37 and 9 Truck were moved to new their new quarters at 2249 Jerrold Street, this firehouse became the home of the Bureau of Equipment. Members of BOE give the Department 24 hour apparatus repair service and operate the Department tow truck, if needed.


Vintage San Francisco Firehouses is the definitive Web guide to San Francisco firehouses, both vintage and modern.

Map of vintage firehouses in San Francisco.

Prev | Next
San Francisco County: List | Map
California: List | Map
Visit NoeHill on Facebook Visit NoeHill on Flickr Visit NoeHill on Twitter