San Francisco Landmarks

San Francisco Landmark #29: Engine Company No. 22
13 June 2008
(Click Photo to Zoom)
San Francisco Landmark #29
Engine Company No. 22
AKA Chemical Engine Company No. 2
1348 10th Avenue Between Irving and Judah
Built 1898

The first firehouse in the Inner Sunset District was designed by Charles R. Wilson for Chemical Company No. 2 and Engine Company No. 22.

In 1910, Chemical Company No. 2 relocated to the quarters of Truck Company No. 5, 1819 Post Street.

In 1962, Engine Company No. 22 was relocated to modern quarters on 16th Avenue, and in 1969, the City & County of San Francisco sold the firehouse at public auction.

Vintage San Francisco Firehouses is the definitive Web guide to San Francisco firehouses, both vintage and modern.

Map of vintage firehouses in San Francisco.

Prev | Next
San Francisco County: List | Map
California: List | Map
Visit NoeHill on Facebook Visit NoeHill on Flickr Visit NoeHill on Twitter