San Francisco Points of Interest

Engine Company No. 24 13 January 2012
(Click Photo to Zoom)
Engine Company No. 24
100 Hoffman Avenue
Built 1914

Designed by John Reid Jr., this two-story building has an exposed brick facade with an arched entryway and simple cornice of brackets and dentil molding. Original drawings for the building were revised so that the building could accommodate motor-driven apparatus with no provision for horses. This alteration signaled the beginning of the changeover from horses to motors.

Engine Company No. 24 remains in service today at this location offering fire protection to the Noe Valley, Twin Peaks, and the Mission District.

Vintage San Francisco Firehouses is the definitive Web guide to San Francisco firehouses, both vintage and modern.

Map of vintage firehouses in San Francisco.

Prev | Next
San Francisco County: List | Map
California: List | Map
Visit NoeHill on Facebook Visit NoeHill on Flickr Visit NoeHill on Twitter