NoeHill in San Francisco Visit NoeHill on Facebook Visit NoeHill on Flickr Visit NoeHill on Twitter

San Francisco Points of Interest

Engine Company No. 16 22 December 2011
(Click Photo to Zoom)
Engine Company No. 16
909 Tennessee Street
Built 1926

City Architect John Reid Jr. designed this two-story brick structure to replace the original 1887 home of 16 Engine that was a block away at 1009 Tennessee Street. A two-story brick firehouse with a cornice brightened with small colored tiles, terra cotta keystones accent the arched dormitory windows and plaques above the doors.

Engine Company No. 16 was disbanded in 1970. The building is still owned by the Fire Department and has been used by the Toy Program, as a museum workshop and for storage.

Vintage San Francisco Firehouses

GuardiansofTheCity.org is the definitive Web guide to San Francisco firehouses, both vintage and modern.

Map of vintage firehouses in San Francisco.

Prev | Next
County Index | County Map
State Index | State Map