California Historical Landmarks in Tuolumne County
California Historical Landmark 124
State Route 49 Near Tuttletown Road
Early day stopping place for men and mounts. Named for Judge Anson A. H. Tuttle, who built first log cabin here in 1848. Stones used in this base from old Swerer store, built in 1854, remains of which still exist, 1949. Mark Twain traded here. Tuttletown Hotel, built in 1852, and still standing in 1949, was last operated by John Edwards.
Historical Landmark No. 124
Tablet placed by California Centennials Commission
Base provided by Sonora Lodge of Elks No. 1587