Greenville Main Street Walking Tour

The McBeth and Compton Warehouse and the Standart Garage McBeth and Compton Warehouse
Standart Garage on Right
Sincerity Lodge 132, Free and Accepted Masons of California Clamper Plaque
(Click Photos to Zoom)
Masonic Sincerity Lodge 132
AKA McBeth and Compton Warehouse
Main Street
Year 1878
Walking Tour 2

This brick building was a warehouse for the McBeth and Compton Store at the corner of Main and Crescent Streets. It survived the fire of 1881 without damage.

In 1890, the upper floor became the Odd Fellows Hall, and around 1913, the Sincerity Lodge 132 of the Free and Accepted Masons of California purchased the building which they continue to own.

The Clamper plaque on the front of the building reads:

Sincerity Lodge 132 F. & A. M.

This historic building was built in 1878 by John McBeth and D. D. Compton, merchants, for use as a warehouse. As such it played an important role when Greenville's two foundries, flour mill, sarsaparilla works, brickyard, wagon shop, and sawmill supplied the area.

Dedicated in the spirit of brotherhood, June 1971, by the Las Plumas del Oro Chapter of E Clampus Vitus, in recognition of the building's long use by, and importance to, the fraternal orders of Indian Valley.

Some Masonic Halls in California

Prev | Next
Plumas County: List | Map
California: List | Map