Napa County Points of Interest
A plaque mounted on the store reads:
Pope Valley Store
Standing at the crossroads of Pope Valley, this store was the center of activities for the area's residents for nearly a century, and served as a stopover for people traveling to the mines in Lake County. It was built about 1875 and in 1913 a second gable roofed building was attached. The "store" housed a post office, a saloon, hotel, and sold food and hardware. The store was bought by Thomas L. G. Neil about 1912 after his house in Berryessa Valley burned. He moved to Pope Valley in that same year. An adjacent barn served as a garage that served as one of the first AAA stations in the state. The store remained a family operation into the late 20th Century.
Plaque dedicated April 22, 2006 by Sam Brannan Chapter #1004 E Clampus Vitus
Credo Quia Absurdum
Ten Threatened Treasures in Napa County
This property was on a list of ten threatened historic properties compiled in 2015 by Napa County Landmarks: