Napa County Points of Interest
In 1871, the Napa Valley Railroad extended its line northward toward Calistoga and established a temporary end-of-track within the small community of Rutherford named after Thomas Rutherford who had received 1,040 acres of land after marrying the granddaughter of George C. Yount.
According to an 1882 interview in the St. Helena Star, Thomas Rutherford paid the railroad for a new train terminal to spare his new wife and family the inconvenience of bumpy wagon rides from the old Yountville terminus.
Source: Adapted from Napa County Landmarks website.
Ten Threatened Treasures in Napa County
This property was on a list of ten threatened historic properties compiled in 2015 by Napa County Landmarks: