Napa County Points of Interest
A plaque near the structure reads:
The Henry Haus Blacksmith and Wagonmaker Shop
Henry Haus, a native of Switzerland, came to Pope Valley in 1889 at the age of 16. He opened his blacksmith shop in the adjacent wooden structure in 1897, caring for the needs of this valley until 1950.
In 1899 he married Regula Anna and they raised four sons: Herman H., Ernest U., Henry, Jr., and George H. He helped to organize the Pope Valley Farm Center, and as with his smithing, gave it his continuous attention during his lifetime. He died December 8, 1955.
Dedicated by Sam Brannan Chapter 1004, E Clampus Vitus in cooperation with the Napa County Historical Society
August 21, 1982
This property was on a list of ten threatened historic properties compiled in 2015 by Napa County Landmarks: