Napa County Points of Interest
A plaque mounted on the garage reads:
Pope Valley Garage
At the crossroads of Howell Mountain and Pope Valley Roads, the Pope Valley Garage came into existence in 1915 to provide repairs for farm equipment, cars, trucks, tractors and towing as Pope Valley began to grow. In 1927 the Pope Valley Garage was awarded a contract from the California State Automobile Association and provided emergency roadside service for 72 years. The garage was established by Thomas L. G. Neil and his son Roy was the first mechanic. Through four generations, the family has provided mechanical and towing service. The business remains in operation as a vehicle repair service. It also honors a towing contract with the California Highway Patrol.
Plaque dedicated April 21, 2007 By Sam Brannan Chapter #1004 E Clampus Vitus