National Register of Historic Places in Churchill County
The Spanish Colonial Revival-style Fallon City Hall, which opened for business in April 1931, sits prominently on the northwest corner of Williams and Carson Streets.
Designed by architect Frederick DeLongchamps, it is located in Fallon's downtown commercial area, surrounded by buildings that vary in size, style, and construction date.
It has remained in use as a city hall since its construction in 1931.
Fallon, Nevada grew at the intersection of two well-traveled roads in the Lahontan Valley. Local residents knew the intersection as Jim's Town.
Mike Fallen's ranch and a small store run by Jim Richards were nearby. Mike Fallon and his wife Eliza had settled there in 1896. They established a post office on their ranch the same year.
With the passage of the Reclamation Act of 1902, Mike Fallon sold his ranch to Warren W. Williams. Williams subdivided the property and sold lots. Williams named the east-west street after his native state of Maine. He named the north-south road after himself and other streets in his subdivision he named after his friends.
The intersection of Maine and Williams is the core of city and county government. The county courthouse stands on the northwest corner, with the jail next door. Nearly opposite the county buildings is Fallon City Hall.
Source: NRHP Nomination Form