National Register of Historic Places in Churchill County
The old Churchill County Jail is a simple utilitarian public building with Greek Revival influences. The walls are approximately 20 inches thick consisting of an outer layer of quarried stone, an inner layer of rock rubble, and an interior surface of concrete.
It was built in 1906, two years before Fallon was officially incorporated. Prior to the completion of the jail, inmates were housed in various locations throughout Churchill County. The first location might have been some sort of small crude structure at Buckland Station, east of Fort Churchill, as Bucklands was the county seat in 1861.
The Old Jail is the best-preserved example in the Lahontan Valley of native stone construction.
Source: NRHP Nomination Form