Napa County Points of Interest
In 1868, Napa Valley Railroad Company built the first train depot in Yountville to handle both freight and passengers. The brick building survives and is located nearby at 6525 Washington Street.
When this wooden deport was built in 1888, Southern Pacific owned the railroad. The new depot was the only electrified building in Yountville powered by a generator in the nearby Veterans Home.
In 1929, the Southern Pacific discontinued passenger service. Since then, the building has housed the Yountville Post Office the successive commercial tenants.
Source: Yountville by Pat Alexander, Arcadia Publishing, 2009