California Historical Landmarks in El Dorado County
California Historical Landmark 487
501 Pleasant Valley Road
This town, settled in 1848, derived its name from its crystal clear springs. Among the richest spots in this vicinity, its diggings produced a 25 pound nugget, one of the largest ever found in El Dorado County. Its most thriving period was in 1851. Later it became a contender for the county seat. Through its lumber, lime production, and agriculture, Diamond Springs retained some of its early importance.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 487
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the citizens of Diamond Springs and the Mother Lode Lions Club of Diamond Springs an El Dorado