Stanislaus County Points of Interest
Of the several old jails pictured on NoeHill, this is the only one made of wood.
A plaque on the front of the jail reads:The Old Jail
Formerly at the foot of Main Street. Replaced one built in 1858, which burned in June 1900. A few Clampers may have slept here, but Clampers helped restore this building in 1976.
Estanislao Chapter No. 58
E Clampus Vitus
April 25, 1976