Stanislaus County Points of Interest
The plaque reads:Langworth
Site of the town of Langworth. Founded in 1860 by Henry Langworthy. It was on a branch of the old Mariposa Road that crossed the Stanislaus River at Islips Ferry. Was part of the 8 square league rancho granted by Mexico to A. B. Thompson in 1846. Langworth post office, 1864-1871, was moved to Oakdale when the railroad was built.
Erected October 15, 1966
Estanislao Chapter No. 58
E Clampus Vitus