National Register of Historic Places in Josephine County
The Flanagan House is one of two distinctive brick residences in Grants Pass antedating 1910. This house, and eight others, almost all of them demolished, represented a surge of residential building in brick following a major fire in 1902.
William Flanagan was the first registered physician in Grants Pass. He graduated from Willamette University Medical School and commenced private practice in Grants Pass in 1884. He lived in this house from the time of its completion until his death in 1930.
The popular Yankee Pot Roast restaurant was located here for more than twenty-five years, but in 2005 the restaurant closed and was replaced by a realtor.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1983.