National Register of Historic Places in Douglas County
Founded in 1909, the Farmers Bank of Carson Valley was the second financial institution in the area and was originally located across the street at 1596 Esmeralda Avenue.
The first formal bank in the area, The Douglas County Farmers Bank, was organized by Arendt Jensen in Gardnerville. Prior to 1902 banking was conducted informally by merchants and businessmen.
The new building for the Farmers Bank of Carson Valley was designed by Frederick J. DeLongchamps in the Neo-Classical architectural style. It is one of four buildings in Minden commissioned by the locally prominent Dangberg family.
Source: Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1986.