National Register of Historic Places in Douglas County
The establishment of the Farmers' Bank of Carson Valley in 1909 drove the thriving economy of the region and made the town of Minden the dominant political and economic force in Douglas County.
This Italianate-style building was the second commercial building on Esmeralda Avenue and the first to be constructed of brick, the material of choice for subsequent commercial buildings.
The building housed the Farmers' Bank from 1909 until 1918 when the bank moved to larger quarters across the street. From 1918 until 1974, it served the public as the post office.
Source: Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in the year 2000.
When we photographed the building in March of 2016, it housed The Corner Bar.