National Register of Historic Places in Douglas County
The Nevada Territorial Government created Douglas County in 1861. Genoa, the oldest settlement in the territory, was selected as the original county seat. Through political maneuvering, the newly established town of Minden captured the county seat on January 1, 1916.
The neo-classical building was designed by Frederick J. DeLongchamps and was dedicated on the day the county seat was transferred from Genoa to Minden. The building has served continuously as the county courthouse since its dedication.
Source: Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1986.