National Register of Historic Places in Colusa County
This Tudor Gothic Revival building was designed by William H. Weeks with a ruffled red brick exterior lavishly ornamented with terra cotta. The corridor system for the first floor is one of the earliest examples in the Sacramento Valley of poured-in-place, reinforced concrete.
This building is one of the few remaining Central Valley schools designed in the Gothic Revival style which was popular in the early 20th Century. Its exterior is essentially unchanged since 1918.
When we photographed the building in 2011, the occupant was Colusa City Hall.
Colusa Heritage Markers: