National Register of Historic Places in Josephine County
Henry J. Clark, a prominent Oregon brick contractor, arrived in Grants Pass just two months before the 1902 fire. He soon found his skill in great demand.
Clark built this Italianate residence with the intent of enlarging it into a spacious apartment house. These plans never materialized and the property remained one story in height.
Clark and his wife Susan lived here briefly before their separation and subsequent divorce.
In 1904, Susan Clark sold the building to Harry D. Norton, regional circuit court judge and state senator. Norton and his wife resided here until 1930 when they moved to the South Oakdale Neighborhood in Medford.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1986.