National Register of Historic Places in Douglas County
Frederick J. DeLongchamps began his solo career in design six years before his work on this high school. Throughout the first decade of his career, the architect was preoccupied by the Neo-Classical style. The Douglas County High School is one the purest expressions of the style among the architect's buildings of the period.
In 1958, the school moved to another location.
Source: Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1992.
When we photographed the building in 2016, it was home to the Carson Valley Museum & Cultural Center.