National Register of Historic Places in Churchill County
The Douglass House is a rare and elaborate example of high-style Queen Anne architecture and is the only house of its type in Fallon. It was built in 1904, just one year after Fallon came into existence, for R.L. Douglass prominent land owner, businessman, banker, and legislator. The architect was possibly Ben Leon who had designed the Churchill County Courthouse in 1903.
Prior to 1903, the area had been known as Jim's Town and was at the crossroads between St. Clair and Stillwater, which was Churchill County's third county seat. Jim's Town was the location of Mike and Eliza Fallon's ranch house, and a small store run by Jim Richards. The Fallons settled in the area in 1896, the same year a post office was established on their ranch.
Source: NRHP Nomination Form