Alpine County Points of Interest
A plaque on the wall by the side door reads:
This building was designed by Frederic J. DeLongchamps, a designer and engineer of mining, born in Reno, Nevada, on June 2, 1882, and educated in Nevada. He designed 500 buildings, including schools, courthouses, commercial structures, and residences.
The new Webster School building was constructed in 1929 and consisted of wood-frame walls with stone work built around them. The stone is rhyolite tuff which was quarried from Silver Mountain City. The building served as a school for grades 1 through 8 until 1950. Since that time it, has seen use as a community hall, justice court, museum, county health department, and county library.
Dedicated August 14, 1999
By the Grand Parlor, Native Sons of the Golden West
James M. Riley, Grand President