National Register #91000047
South Wing of Ashland Depot Hotel
624 A Street
This building was originally the kitchen wing of the massive, three-story Ashland Depot Hotel.
When the hotel was demolished in 1937, the wood-frame South Wing was remodeled to serve as Ashland's
railroad depot. When rail passenger service ended in the Rogue River Valley in 1955,
the building endured as a freight depot until Southern Pacific left Ashland in 1985, and
the building was vacated.
In 1990, the building was moved across A Street to its current location
and renovated by a local restoration contractor.