National Register #73000256
Yosemite Valley Chapel
Yosemite National Park
This New England Gothic chapel is the oldest structure in Yosemite National Park used by the public.
It originally stood among other buildings near the Four Mile Trailhead about a mile away.
As activity in Yosemite Valley moved to other areas, the neighboring buildings were abandoned one by one until
the church was alone. In 1901, it was moved to its present location, and in 1965, it was placed on a new foundation
It is open for religious services, public activities, and weddings.