National Register of Historic Places in Sonoma County
Sonoma Grammar School, the largest brick structure in town, was designed by architect A. G. Lutgens in the Classical Revival style. Lutgens also designed City Hall and the Carnegie Library, both located in The Plaza.
The school was closed in 1948 when the building was found to be seismically unsound. The building reopened in 1952 as the Sonoma Community Center.