National Register of Historic Places in Sonoma County
The Llano Roadhouse is an excellent example of the Greek Revival farmhouses built by early settlers in Sonoma Valley. All lumber was hand milled: hand-hewn timbers, hand-split siding, hand-planed windows. The construction method is similar to colonial American construction before the advent of balloon framing.
The original one-story part of the building dates to the early 1850's. The two-story section was added around 1857 when the building became a roadhouse for the stage coach between Petaluma and Sebastopol.