National Register of Historic Places in Siskiyou County
In 1906 the Butte Valley Congregation of the Church of the Brethren started the town of Macdoel. The town was named for W. H. McDole the first land company president. When the post office was established in 1907, the postal department, either through error or by design, changed the name to Macdoel.
Source: Butte Valley Chamber of Commerce
The Hotel Macdoel no longer exists. According to locals, it was destroyed by fire, but we could not determine when.