Shasta County Points of Interest
A plaque on the facade of the building reads:
Shasta County Court House
Building erected in 1855 by James Loag, pioneer, following fire of 1853 which destroyed town. Building refitted and became court house for Shasta County, January 1862. In May of 1888 county seat moved to Redding. Building purchased in 1922 by McCloud Parlor No. 149, N.S.G.W. Temporary repairs made and property deeded to state September 1937. Building restored by Division of Beaches and Parks.
Tablet placed by California Centennials Commission in cooperation with McCloud Parlor
No. 149, N.S.G.W.
Dedicated June 12, 1950