San Francisco Landmarks
St. James Presbyterian Church, established in 1908, is one of the oldest religious congregations in Visitacion Valley. The original chapel, constructed in 1906, was replaced in 1922 by the current building which was designed by Julia Morgan.
In the late 1980s, the Presbytery of San Francisco reorganized the church as its first Filipino ministry.
Source: Adapted from San Francisco Landmark Designation Application for the St. James Presbyterian Church, approved by the San Francisco Board of Supervisors on December 13, 2022.