San Francisco Points of Interest
The Shreve Building, designed by William F. Curlett, was completed in 1905 and rebuilt after the 1906 Earthquake and Fire.
The building is supported by a steel frame with brick curtain walls sheathed in Colusa sandstone with Renaissance/Baroque ornamentation.
Shreve & Co., founded in 1852, is probably the oldest commercial establishment in San Francisco. By the 1880s, it was considered one of the the finest silversmiths in the United States, selling high quality timepieces and jewelry made from gold, silver and precious stones.
Shreve & Co. operated from this building from 1905 until 2015, when the company lost its lease to Harry Winston and moved to the Jewelers Building at 150 Post Street.