National Register of Historic Places in Santa Barbara County
Built in 1905, the Southern Pacific Depot, was designed by architect Francis W. Wilson in the Mission Revival Style, a style used between 1890-1915 for a many public and residential buildings in California.
In addition to the depot, the property include three landscaped parks with palm trees and lawns and lantana hedges; eastbound and westbound tracks; and a former Railway Express Agency office built in 1906.
The station is associated with the adjacent Neal Hotel, which was built in 1906 to provide food and lodging for passengers.
Source: Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in the year 2006.