National Register of Historic Places in San Mateo County
The Kohl Mansion, a large structure in the Tudor or Jacobean Revival style, was completed in 1914 on a forty-acre estate known as The Oaks. Most of that original estate is intact but occupied by newer buildings associated with the Sisters of Mercy and their educational facilities.
The original mansion contains approximately 42,000 square feet of floor space on four levels (three stories and a full basement). The structure is wood framed with eight inches of red brick shell laid in a Flemish bond. The gabled roofline, with intersecting gables at the two ells, is of gray and rose colored slate. The nominated property includes two non-contributing classroom additions built in 1934.
The Kohl Mansion is open to the public for events and concerts.