California Historical Landmarks in San Mateo County
California Historical Landmark 93
AKA Tripp Store
Tripp Road at Kings Mountain Road
Built in 1854 among sawmills and redwood groves by Dr. R. O. Tripp and M. A. Parkhurst: operated by Dr. Tripp in person (who also served as dentist, librarian, postmaster, and community leader) until his death in 1909. Purchased by the County of San Mateo 1940. Opened as a public museum on September 7, 1947.
State Registered Landmark No. 93
Tablet placed by California Centennials Commission. Base furnished by County Board of Supervisors in cooperation with San Mateo County Historical Association.
Dedicated October 16, 1949
The Woodside Store is also National Register Listing #85001563.