California Historical Landmarks in San Luis Obispo County
California Historical Landmark 958
Atascadero Administration Building
6500 Palma Avenue
This building, dedicated in 1914 and completed in 1918, was the headquarters for the Atascadero Colony, a model community envisioned by Edward G. Lewis. Designed by Walter D. Bliss of San Francisco and built of reinforced concrete and locally produced brick, it has also served as a private school for boys, a veteran's memorial building and county offices. It is currently the seat of municipal government.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 958
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Atascadero Historical Society, March 4, 1984.
The Atascadero Administration Building is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places.