National Register of Historic Places in San Joaquin County
The Hotel Stockton is a Mission Revival style building which opened in 1910 as a luxury hotel with 252 rooms.
In 1912, the City of Stockton moved its City Hall into the hotel, where it remained until 1926.
In 1950, as competition from new motels grew, the hotel was massively renovated.
In 1960, the hotel closed and county offices moved into the building and remained until 1992.
In 2005, the building reopened after another renovation and offered studio and one bedroom apartments to low income individuals.