Historic Sites and Points of Interest in Placer County
A marker on the front of the building reads:
Erected in 1891 by the volunteer firemen of Auburn Hook and Ladder Company No. 2 with funds raised by public subscription. Dedicated May 21, 1892
In continuous use until 1954
Presented by Emigrant Trail Chapter, N.S.D.A.R
Auburn Fire House No. 1 was also listed on the National Register of historic Places in 2011.