Historic Sites and Points of Interest in Placer County
James T. Gibson established the Auburn Drug Company in 1896.
Henry Swanson purchased the business in 1921 and moved it to its current location in 1927. Here, Swanson developed the recipe for his famous Irish Soda. The business changed ownership in 1941 and again in 1974.
Contained within the walls of this old building are one hundred years of pharmacy records and relics.Source: A marker erected in 1996 by the Grand Parlor Native Sons of the Golden West.