National Register of Historic Places in Placer County
The Club, which began as a Woman's Improvement Club, was organized in 1911 to serve the community and enrich the lives of its members. The group eventually became the Woman's Club of Lincoln, historically significant for its involvement in the welfare of the citizens of the community and its interest in the betterment and beautification of the City of Lincoln.
In time, the need for a building of their own was realized. In 1923, the construction of the clubhouse began and in 1924 their clubhouse was a reality. This building became a community gathering place and continues to serve as a well-preserved focal point for both the social and civic life of Lincoln.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination.