National Register of Historic Places in Josephine County
The Dimmick-Judson House is a vernacular house of the block and wing or Gothic T-shaped type that is presumed to be of frame construction. A veneer of single-wythe brick was later applied. The house was probably built in its initial configuration as a two-room farmhouse on the claim of Ebenezer and Sarah Jane Croxton Dimmick.
The house, together with Croxton Cemetery and the Thomas Croxton House, are the remnants of a small community named Croxton which predated Grants Pass. Croxton was an aggregation of farmhouses and barns belonging to members of the interrelated Croxton and Dimmick families whose members emigrated overland to Oregon from Ohio. A school was also a part of the settlement.
Thomas Croxton operated a stage stop on the main route of travel from southern Oregon to northern settlements. At his death in 1868, the Dimmicks were willed the Croxton home place and the stage station.
In 1889, the house was sold to Thomas Judson.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1998.