National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County
Eden Valley Orchard originally established between 1885 and 1898 by early fruit grower Joseph H. Stewart and expanded between 1899 and 1932 by Gordon Voorhies, the property has strong associations with the development of the fruit industry in southern Oregon.
Serving as the Voorhies family residence until Mrs. Voorhies death in 1949, the property remained in family ownership until 1986.
The Gordon and Helen Voorhies House is a large two and a half-story wood frame residence constructed in the Colonial Revival style. It was built in several sections, dating to 1890, 1906 and a 1920 remodel.
In addition to the house, there are five other historic structures on the property including a e wood frame, sawn lumber barn built around 1915.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in the year 2000.
Eden Valley Orchard is now home to EdenVale Winery.