National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County
The Medford Central Fire Hall, constructed in two phases beginning in 1908, was the first structure owned and built by the City of Medford for use as its city hall.
Augmented to the south by an addition in 1921, the building remained the home of city government for more than twenty years, a period during which Medford grew into the commercial, financial, and population center of the Rogue River Valley.
Retaining substantial integrity to its historic appearance, the Medford Central Fire Hall is the best surviving structure associated with the development of local government prior to World War II.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 19962.