National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County
Hanscom Hall is situated on the original main thoroughfare through the small agricultural trading community of Talent. Horace Hanscom acquired the lot in 1906, evidently with the intent of building a lodge hall. He hired his two sons, Charles and Daniel, to construct the building, which he leased to others for commercial purposes.
Used almost continuously as a cafe and confectionery for its first seventy years, the building is one of the city's oldest commercial buildings and is the only identified example of false-front wood-frame construction to pre-date the fire of 1911.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1996.