National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County
This two and one-half story, multi-gabled frame house with its stucco exterior is distinctive among other Arts and Crafts and Tudor period style houses locally because of its scale and the completeness of its historical decorative program: extensive use of rabbeted half timbering, bracketed wall dormers and second story overhangs, projecting bays and multipaned windows - both sash and casement. The interior is fitted with built-in cabinetry, wood trim and fireplaces in the Arts and Crafts tradition. Both architect and builder are unknown.
John Reddy settled in the Rogue River Valley in 1904 having relocated his family from Spokane. He organized the Southern Oregon Mining Bureau to regulate and promote the mining industry. He played was active in the regional Good Roads Movement and the Medford and Crater Lake Railroad. He was a real estate developer and Mayor of Medford.
Mary Reddy supported social welfare and community improvement.
The house, built at the height of Reddy's business career, was the first in the Queen Anne Addition which Reddy and his wife owned. The Reddys occupied the house until it was sold in 1924.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1987.