National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County
The Enders Building was constructed in two episodes between 1910 and 1914. Together with the Citizens Banking & Trust Company Building, the Enders Building and its 1914 addition combine as a 310-foot long street façade of exceptional stylistic cohesion.
Designed in the Commercial style by leading local architect Frank C. Clark and opened for use in 1910, it housed the Enders Mercantile Company on the ground floor and the Columbia Hotel on the second floor.
Distinguishing features of the upper façade are generous Chicago School windows and detailing in the Classical vein, including belt cornices, a parapet having flat stepped crests, and tabernacle framing for windows of the outer bays.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1986.