Points of Historic Interest in Storey County
Founded in 1861, St. Paul’s parish is the mother church of all Episcopal churches in Nevada.
The Gothic Carpenter building was constructed in 1876 to replace an earlier church that had burned down in 1875. The building contributes to the Virginia City Historic District which was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1961 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1966.
St Paul’s Parish is an active congregation in the Episcopal Diocese of Nevada.
Source: The Episcopal Church website.