National Register of Historic Places in Storey County
The Henry Piper House was built immediately after Virginia City’s Great Fire of 1875. It is a one and one-half story Italianate row house, a rare example of a mid-range dwelling in Virginia City, where many similar examples have been lost to attrition.
Henry ran the Piper’s Corner Saloon, one of the longest continuously operating saloons in Virginia City. Henry's brother John purchased Maguire’s Opera House in 1867 which John and Henry ran as partners from September of that year. Deeds show the ownership of the Opera House passed back and forth between the two brothers during the theater’s eight-year run under their partnership.
Source: National Park Service